Tuesday, July 12, 2011

President Karzai's brother assasinated.


Sad day for Afghanistan. Ahmed Wali Karzai, younger brother of Afghan president Hamid Karzai, was assassinated this morning. Despite his notorious corruption, he was a force for stability in the region, often acting in the role of a tribal Shaykh, mediating disputes between individuals and groups. More importantly, AWK was a lynchpin of the trans-tribal/trans-regional afghan security network and was essential to the security of Kandahar. Without him, many of the regional alliances may collapse.  A longtime target of Taliban assassins, he had survived several prior attempts on his life, but this one was done by his own head of security – a man who was a family friend and bodyguard for many years.

The impact of this will be huge.

Lots of links to preliminary analysis here:

http://smallwarsjournal.com/blog/2011/07/halfbrother-of-afghan-presiden/

1 comment:

  1. Please for humanity's sake please do it once
    I have made a blog at blogger.com Since i have added a google adsense in the blog but haven't made a penny with this. I need your help and support to help me make some money to PAY MY Tuition Fees.

    What you have to do is follow these simple steps

    1.go to my blogger profile and visit my blog "Kwotz - Golden Words of Life"
    2.Remain on the page i.e Kwotz for one minute or so and do some random surfing
    3. click ONE of the ads that APPEALS to you from ADChoices boxes and visit there.
    4.remain on that page for one minute or so and do some random surfing.
    and that's it.

    Note: Only ONE click is needed. If you don't wanna help then just visit my blog.
    I will be grateful to you if you put my blog on your Blogroll.
    I really need your help

    ReplyDelete